Monday, March 5, 2012

 PRAYING FOR THE PARDINES-DAY 2

Please pray for unity within our home and within our relationships.  How can we share the gospel with a dying world if we ourselves are falling apart or tearing each other down?

Mat 26:40  "And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?"

It's hard to pray!  You literally have to stop what you are doing, calm yourself down so you can "be quiet" before God, and put your focus totally on Him.  But what great rewards praying brings!  Many times I've said that I should pray more, maybe I should say, "I need to be less selfish, stop thinking about myself, and start seeking after God with my whole heart!"  That may sound a bit harsh, but since I'm talking to myself I guess that's okay.  Jesus asked Peter why he couldn't stay awake to pray one hour, and often we find ourselves dozing off if praying takes longer than five minutes.  Totally turning your focus to God is breath-taking.  You experience His presence and He fills your heart with joy.  So come...for an hour or just a few minutes...watch with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment