Monday, October 13, 2008

Not such a vacation!

After two days of enjoying ourselves I began to feel a little sick with flu-like symptoms. On the first day (Wednesday) we called the doctor to see what medicine I could take. She prescribed something akin to Tylenol cold and flu and I hopped into bed so Eric could wait on me. =) By the second day(Thursday) my symptoms were getting worse and my stomach continued to disobey me. When I added throwing up to my list we decided to visit the emergency room. Since I had a fever and my white blood cell count was high the emergency doctor decided it was best to admit me. They hooked me up to an I.V. and about an hour later I was taken up to my hotel room. Eric brought me one of my favorite furry friends to keep me company while he headed off to school to get ready for the 4th and final quarter starting Monday. Here I wanted to refuse to take any more bags of I.V. since each time they flushed the I.V. out to make sure it wasn't jammed. The feeling of an I.V. flushing is like setting your arm on fire (but only if it is clogged because it started to clot). I was also tired of being woken up every time I reached the pinnacle of "good sleep". After a day and a half I came home and Eric bought me flowers! The balloon is from one of the secretaries from school who came to visit me. When I finally had enough energy to take a good long look in the mirror without coughing, sneezing or runny eyes, I was definitely shocked to see my current hairstyle in all of its glory. Luckily I was wearing a scarf when I entered the clinic and kept it on pretty much the entire time! Ahh!! It's amazing what a shower, a little hair grease, and a brush can do for a wild Peruvian afro.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture of you after the hospital visit. Thanks for posting it!!! :) Your belly is getting cuter and cuter...can't wait to see what is making that cute belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the afro! :~) I'm sorry to hear you had to be sick during your vacation but I'm praying for you and the little guy!

    ReplyDelete